Maintaining healthy hair is a tough job that every beauty conscious girl goes through. For women who are always on the go or always busy with work and other activities, hair spa treatments are heavenly relaxing after a long and tiring day.
Hair spa has been a popular hair care regimen for many years. These treatments easily built their reputation among women by providing promises to combat numerous hair related problems such as: dandruff, hair loss, dry locks, brittle hair strands, and dull hair. Women with hair problems of all sorts seek haven at salons for the best hair spa treatments that will give them a beautiful and healthy mane. After all, it is undeniably difficult to pull off our favorite hairstyles with unhealthy tresses.
As you are reading this article, you might be having thoughts of rushing to the salon to get a hair spa session for yourself. But do you know that you can actually get all the benefits of hair spa treatments without stepping out of your home? You read it right. There are many Do-It- Yourself recipes to choose from that you can make while in the comfort of your own home, which are really easy and less expensive.
If you are a very busy woman, there are no more excuses for suffering with bad hair just because you don’t have time to visit the salon. Make the most of your favorite hairstyles by starting with healthy hair. Try the most effective hair spa treatments that you can make at home with everything you need to know from the information in this blog!
Easy Hair Spa Treatments Recipes and Procedures
1. Avocado & Honey Hair Conditioning
I cannot argue how delicious avocados are. Not only that, this fruit is also packed with vitamins and nutrients that are essential for the hair and skin. You can reap all the benefits that your hair can get from avocados by making a conditioning hair mask out of it. This hair spa recipe is an effective treatment for damaged hair due to excessive hairstyling products and processes.
- Mash the meat of two big avocados.
- Add a tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the paste on the hair starting from the scalp, working your way to the ends.
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with mild shampoo and rinse.
2. Egg Hair Spa
Eggs are known for being a great source of protein, which, as a matter of fact – promotes hair growth as it strengthens hair strands. So, there is really nothing much to say about eggs for effective hair spa treatments.
- Beat one egg with a few drops of essential oils. You can use coconut oil or olive oil.
- Gently apply mixture as a hair mask.
- Wrap the hair with a towel and leave for 30 minutes.
- Wash and rinse with cold water. Remember: When using the Egg hair spa, never rinse with hot water. Cold water helps remove the smell of eggs easily.
3. Coconut Milk Mask
Coconut has a high content of saturated fat that is essential for repair of the body. Hair spa treatments that include coconut milk are good for deep conditioning, especially for those who are prone to dandruff and dry hair.
- Place ample amount of coconut milk in a heating pan and put under low heat.
- Stir until the coconut milk turns into pasty consistency, then remove from fire.
- Massage onto hair for five minutes.
- Cover hair with a towel and let the mask sit for an hour.
- Wash with mild shampoo and rinse with cold water.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Treatment
You might have heard that Apple Cider Vinegar has wondrous effects on the hair. Apple Cider Vinegar promotes hair growth while giving natural shine to your locks. If you are considering easy, yet truly effective hair spa treatments at home, Apple Cider Hair Treatment is a must try.
- Combine equal measures of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Apply on hair from roots to tips.
- Leave the mixture on hair for 5 minutes.
- Rinse hair spa treatment with shampoo and conditioner.
5. Ripe Banana Hair Mask
Bananas are very famous among health conscious individuals as it is good for the skin. Aside from promoting healthy skin, bananas are also good for the hair. The high content of potassium, natural oil and vitamins in this fruit aid to strengthening the hair while keeping the strands smooth and soft.
- Toss sliced pieces of a ripe banana fruit in a blender or food processor.
- Add a small cup of hair essential oil of your choice, along with one egg and then blend.
- Apply on hair as a mask and leave on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cleanse hair with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
6. Olive Oil Hair Spa Massage
Feeling the need of a home hair spa, but too lazy to make the recipes for the hair spa treatments? Get some olive oil from your kitchen cupboard and you’re ready for an all-natural quick solution.
- Place ample amount of oil on your palm and gently massage on the scalp in a circular motion for a good 5 minutes.
- Soak a towel in warm water. Squeeze and remove excess water and wrap towel on hair with olive oil hair spa.
- Leave hair to steam for 15 minutes.
- Wash with mild shampoo and rinse. No need for conditioner because the olive oil already did it for you!
Healthy hair is more beautiful than any hairstyles that we can sport. You deserve to indulge your mane with hair spa treatments without the extravagance and hassle of going to the salon. Try these hair spa recipes at home at least once or twice every month to keep your locs beautiful and healthy.